Many homeowners are often clueless on how to choose a furnace company they can count on all the time. But after reading this article, you’ll soon realize that by choosing the right furnace company, you will be able to avoid intimidating sales moves and pick the best HVAC contractor for your home’s heating requirements.
Related: Why is my furnace leaking water?
Selecting the right company is vital:
- Ask for referrals
- Check on references
- Look for special offers
- Inquire for a home inspection
- Secure a written quote
- Sign written proposals
First Step: Research
- Before hiring a contractor, first check out if he has the appropriate license, is fully bonded and insured.
- Familiarize yourself with your furnace’s make and model. Inform the heating contractor of your unit’s maintenance and service history.
- Talk to the contractor and discuss your concern over your furnace’s efficiency in heating each room in your home.
Second Step: Ask for Referrals
- Ask family, friends, neighbors and colleagues for furnace companies they have done business with.
- Check out their heating system for workmanship.
Third Step: Check on References
- Ask for references from your prospect heating contractor.
- Call the references they have given to talk about the furnace company’s professionalism.
Fourth Step: Look for Special Offers
- Furnace companies are essential to any home. Ensuring that your furnace is installed correctly is a must since such an appliance is undeniably a big investment.
- Determine your needs and look for the company that offers the best deal.
- Look for furnace businesses that offer rebates and loyalty/ reward programs.
- Ask for any tax refunds in case you purchase a high-efficiency furnace.
Fifth Step: Inquire for a Home Inspection
- Ask the contractor to pay you a home visit and check the size, windows, and insulation of your home before even deciding what kind of furnace to buy.
Sixth Step: Secure a Written Quote
- It does not necessarily mean you have a good deal when contractors present you the highest and lowest price quotes.
- Make sure that you and the contractor/ company choose the correct size furnace that addresses your heating needs.
Additional Criteria are:
- Only transact with prominent furnace companies.
- Check out their online website. Check the reviews.
- Do you feel comfortable having them come over to your home?
- Is the price reasonable?
- Can you contact them by phone?
- Do they uphold work quality and workmanship?
- Is there an instance where they started working on a job but were not able to finish it?
- Are they professional in all they do?
- Are you comfortable working with them?
Check out this list and don’t forget to thank the contractors/ furnace companies for a job well done. Remember to secure a written quote. By doing so, you get an idea of what needs to be done and how much it will cost you.
Last Step: Sign the Written Proposal
Before having any work done, first sign the written proposal. It will protect you from any subsequent problems in the future by clearly specifying the project’s cost, work schedule, model numbers, and warranty details.
Never accept below-par work or any excuses from the furnace company/ contractor. By now, you should have understood the importance of how to choose a furnace company for your home. Your home is precious; it is your haven from all the elements. Don’t let amateurs mess up with your home’s heating system if you want home comfort at its best.